Gooey Pizza

I thought I could make a lower point pizza at home. So I did my best to pick good, healthy things to put on my pizza and chose a low point dough to make the crust. I guess this could be low point if you didn't use fresh whole mozz but it was sooo worth it!

The pizza was pretty good and I like that I could control the toppings without paying extra :) I chose to use a mixture of things that came out pretty well when melded together. I might get a bit more crazy when I make pizza again.

Source: Me



Danielle's Chicken & Veggie Pizza
  • 1/4 of Trader Joe's herb pizza dough
  • 1/4 cup shredded chicken
  • 1/2 serving Boboli pizza sauce
  • 1 1/2 oz fresh mozzarella, torn in pieces
  • 1/4 oz fresh parmesan, shredded
  • 1/8 cup broccoli, chopped
  • 1/8 cup spinach, chopped
Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place round stoneware in oven. Let dough rest for 20 minutes on the counter. Lightly flour counter with AP flour or corn meal (I used corn meal).

Roll out into a round shape as light or thick as you want (you will change the amount of time you cook the pizza depending on the thickness of the crust). I tried to roll my crust out fairly thin because I don't like "doughy" crust and usually end up with a bit of uncooked dough if I don't roll it out thin.

Roll up the sides of the outer edge of dough if you want a crust. Spread pizza sauce on dough. Spread out toppings and cover with cheeses. Transfer pizza onto stone in the oven. Be very careful because stone will be VERY hot! And if you touch it your skin might just stick to the stone... just saying.

I find it easy to assemble the pizza on a cutting board so that I can slide the pizza on to the stone with the help of a spatula.

Cook for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is light brown in places and bubbling. Take stone out of the oven and let pizza cool for about 5 minutes. Enjoy!

1 whole pizza = 10 WW points

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...