This is so easy to do and really makes a difference. I used fresh herbs and I think you could definitely taste that. 1/2 of the butter was gone before we even started dinner since people were spreading it onto the bread sitting out on the table while we waited for the lasagna rolls to come out of the oven.
I highly recommend using this recipe or any other compound butter combo the next time you have bread or rolls on the table. Oh, and I tried to make the butter as pretty as Annie did but had no luck with my pastry bag skills. Gotta work on those... I just scooped it all out of the bag and plopped it into the dish. No one minded.
Source: Annie's Eats
Herb Compound Butter
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1-2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, finely minced
- 1 tsp. fresh dill, finely minced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, finely minced
- ½-¾ tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper