Good thing I did cause this meal was mighty tasty! And filling too. Only one serving plus a side salad filled me up and kept me satisfied all night. I most definitely cannot wait till tomorrow's leftovers for lunch. I'm sure this dish will keep me happy two days in a row.
Inspiration: Two Pink Hippos
Crock Pot Lasagna
- 1 pound uncooked lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheeses, shredded and divided
- 6 dry lasagna noodles, no-cook
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
In a separate bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, 2 ounces of part skim mozzarella cheese, and 2 ounces of fat free mozzarella cheese.
Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture into a 6-quart slow cooker. Break 2 lasagna sheets in thirds and arrange over beef mixture; top with 1/3 of ricotta mixture. Repeat with two layers and finish with remaining 1/3 of beef mixture.
Cook on low setting for 4 hours. Turn off crock pot.
In a separate bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of reserved part-skim mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the top of the lasagna. Cover the crock pot until the cheese melts and lasagna firms up, about 10 minutes.
Serves 6 | 9 WW+ Points