Turkey and Spinach Lasagna
- 3/4 cup Kraft Low-Moisture, Part-Skim Finely Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, or similar product, divided
- 1 items egg white(s), lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 sprays cooking spray
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 26 oz Contadina Marinara Sauce, or other low-fat marinara sauce
- 1/2 pound Jennie-O Turkey Store Extra lean ground breast
- 6 items dry lasagna noodles
- 1/3 cup onion(s), chopped
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until almost tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken; cook until no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add remaining marinara sauce to skillet and stir until well combined; set aside.
Mix together ricotta cheese, egg whites, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a large bowl until well combined.
To assemble lasagna, place 2 cups of reserved marinara sauce on bottom of dish. Layer with 3 noodles, 1/3 of ricotta mixture, 1/3 of spinach, 1/3 of mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of chicken-sauce mixture; repeat layers again ending with chicken-sauce mixture. (Make sure to spread ingredients to edge of noodles.)
Cover baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake lasagna for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly, about 20 minutes more. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces.
6 WW points