Monkeying Around

I just recently stumbled across this recipe this past December. Sadly I don't know where I found it but I am so happy I did. I hadn't had a chance to blog about it because each time I make it everyone always pounces on it right away. Yeah, it's super good!

Well this past weekend I had a baby shower to go to for my friend Alanna and her one request for the day was to have Monkey Bread. So my friend Rachel asked if someone could bring it. I responded at once since I love the stuff and it's so easy. And I used up my extra points for the week on it... mmmmmm.

Source: Beantown Baker



Simple Monkey Bread

4 cans Pillsbury biscuit (get the kind that come in a 4 pack, the small ones, not the Grands)

Sugar coating:
  • 2/3 brown sugar - I was running low on brown sugar, so I used 1/3 cup white and 1/3 cup brown
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Syrup topping:
  • 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Spray your angel food cake or bundt pan.

Mix the sugar coating in a ziplock bag (feel free to add more cinnamon and/or sugar if you run out during the coating process). Cut the biscuits into 4 (kitchen shears work great for this). Drop the biscuit pieces into the ziplock bag and shake to coat. Drop coated biscuit pieces into the prepared pan.

Bring syrup ingredients to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, then pour over biscuit pieces. Bake for 35 minutes.

Turn over onto plate and serve while hot.

You don't want to know how many points this is per serving ;)

3 comments:

Alanna said...

Thanks again - it was SOOOO yummy! And thanks for the recipe; I am definitely keeping this one! :)

Jana said...

This was soooo amazing Danielle!!! I could eat it all day long :)

Tammy said...

Dan...another (and one less step) is to coat your biscuts/bread with a mixture of the brown sugar/cinnamon and dot butter as you are layering....make sure there is plenty in the top of the bundt pan and walla...when your turn over to remove the butter mixed with the sugar has created its own "syrup". This taste just like little bites of grandma's cinnamon rolls :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...