Italian Meatloaf Parmesan {7 WW+ Dinner}

I had exhausted all of my ground turkey and ground beef recipes and needed something that was different but would satisfy me and the husband. So I went to a blog that I knew wouldn't disappoint. Joelen always has the best spins on recipes. I knew if I tried something from her that I could please everyone in the family. And I was right!

This dish was great! Perfect and flavorful. I may just use this for our new meatball recipe. Plus I can double it up and freeze left over meatballs for future meals! I love being able to do that. Makes dinnertime that much easier with options in the freezer. If you have some ground turkey or ground beef in the fridge or freezer ready to use then try this one out!
 
Inspired by What's Cookin', Chicago? 
Originally from Michael Chiarello


Italian Meatloaf Parmigiana
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 red pepper, seeded, diced
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 2 teaspoons (about 3 cloves) chopped garlic
  • 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoons dried basil
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 cups marinara sauce (jarred or homemade); divided
  • 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat and add the peppers, onions and garlic. Saute until just soft, remove to a plate and cool.

When the peppers and onions are cool, combine all of the remaining ingredients together except for the marinara and shredded cheese.

Form 6 large patties* from the meat mixture and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Top with 1 cup of the marinara making sure to spread evenly over the top. Bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes to ensure it's cooked through.

Remove from the oven and top with shredded cheese; return to oven for 5 minutes to allow cheese to melt. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.

Toss your favorite pasta with the reserved sauce. Serve meatloaf on top of the pasta.

Serves 6 | 7 WW+ Points (not including pasta)

* You can also form 12-18 meatballs instead of patties if you want a smaller portion of meat. I formed 2 patties and made the rest of the meat mixture into meatballs to use later. Worked out perfectly for lunches the next day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...