Comfort Food

I can't really say much about this meal. It is so simple and always hits the spot for me. Joseph doesn't mind it either :) Sometimes I use a loaf pan and other times I use a pie pan to shake things up...

Source: My head and my mom :)



Sheppard's Pie ala Danielle

Ground beef (or chicken and turkey like I did for this meal)
Salt & Pepper
1 can tomato sauce
Green beans
Mashed potatoes
Shredded cheddar cheese

Boil some potatoes for mashing. Once the potatoes are done (fork tender) mash them, add some milk and butter and season them with salt and pepper. Season and brown the ground beef. Drain and place in the bottom of a loaf pan. Cover meat with tomato sauce.

Add green beans to the top of the meat and sauce (they can be frozen, canned or fresh) and top with mashed potatoes. Spread the potatoes over everything so that you can't see any green beans or meat. Cover with a layer of cheddar (I love extra cheese so I really layer it) and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbling.

Since everything has already been cooked (except the green beans and cheese) the dish really just needs to get warmed thoroughly. I love to make this meal with left overs from other dinners. Sometimes I use left over taco meat for a different flavor. YUM! Look at that cheesy goodness...

1 comment:

Tammy said...

It's really good too if you sub brown (beef) gravy for the tomato sauce...it's my new favorite way to make it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...