Juicy & Delicious

I needed something simple for the crock pot for dinner so I decided to go to my favorite food message board, What's Cooking on TheNest. The gals had some great ideas and I finally chose what I was going to make. But I didn't quite make what the recipe said... I made it my own :)

I was very pleased with the results. The chicken was moist and fork tender. I am going to use the other chicken breast in a meal later this week by shredding it and refrigerating it until needed. I'm thinking either some sort of casserole with potatoes and cheese (yum!!!) or some chicken enchiladas. What do you think?

Source: Reservations Not Required



Pull Apart Crock Pot Chicken (as named by Joseph)

  • 2 skinned and boneless chicken breasts (I used frozen)
  • 2 garlic cloves, whole
  • 1 14 oz can of chicken broth
  • 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes
  • 2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 bay leaf
  • Salt & Pepper
Sprinkle all herbs and seasonings on top of chicken breasts in crock pot. Pour tomatoes and chicken broth over chicken. Place 1 garlic clove on top of each breast and place bay leaf in between them. Set to cook on low for 6-8 hours.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...