Salad for two

I've had a few random cravings this pregnancy but one that came out of the blue was a craving for my step mom's version of taco salad. I've shown my mom's version on here before and it's by far my favorite version but my step mom's has some good qualities too.

It's simple, for one. And you literally throw it together. What else can I ask for from a tasty recipe?

Source: Cathy my step mom



Taco Salad
  • 1 lb ground beef, browned and seasoned to taste
  • 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped or ripped into bite size pieces
  • 1/2 can kidney beans
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used the mexican cheese blend from the store)
  • 1 small bag Doritos nacho cheese chips, smashed up
  • 1-2 tomatoes diced (I omitted)
  • Italian dressing to taste

Start with a bed of lettuce. Add the beef, kidney beans, tomatoes, smashed Doritos and cheese. Top with Italian dressing and dig in!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...