Noodles & Beef

Since I've been a bit preoccupied most nights with Ethan, Joseph has had to step in on occasion to make a meal. Last night was one of those nights. Ethan was exhausted from his baptism and was sound asleep in my arms when dinnertime arrived. I asked Joseph if he wouldn't mind making something and let him know there was ground beef in the fridge.

He than took it upon himself to search for a good recipe. He checked Joy of Cooking but found nothing so he went to the internet and simply googled "what to make with ground beef". While searching the results he came across a simple pasta recipe.

The recipe was good and filling but I think we need to spice it up a bit next time!

Source: Families.com



Macaroni with Beef & Tomatoes
  • 1 pound elbow macaroni
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 teaspoon allspice
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 red onion, chopped
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce
Cook the pasta according to package directions.

In the meantime, in a large pot, begin browning the ground beef over medium-high heat. After 5 minutes, add the spices, onion, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until beef is browned and onion is tender. Add canned tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce and stir. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15-30 minutes (depending on how much time you have).

Add cooked and drained pasta to the sauce and stir well. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmm - now that looks like comforting eats to me! It's been ages since I made something similar and now you've got me craving it!

Elizabeth said...

My grandma used to make this when I was growing up. We always called it "fish hotdish" because my grandma always made it when she made fish, for the people who didn't like fish. I still know it as that to this day. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...