Saucy Changes

I've made a few changes to my homemade meat sauce and I'm liking it! The sausage gives it so much more flavor than the ground beef I normally use. And I'm trying to experiment with fresh vs. frozen/dried ingredients. So far this mix that I've been using has been giving excellent results. And I apologize in advance for the crappy picture... I took it with my camera phone because both cameras (SLR & point and shoot) had dead batteries :(

Source: My head



Meat Sauce
(perfect for any pasta!)

  • 1/2 lb ground pork sausage
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • 1 can tomato paste
  • 1 can large whole olives
  • 2 cubes frozen garlic (Trader Joes... in the freezer section)
  • 2 cubes frozen basil (Trader Joes... same place as the garlic. They also carry cilantro!)
  • 1 tbsp dried italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp ground oregano
  • salt and pepper to taste

Brown meat & drain.

Mix all other ingredients in a pot, stir and set to medium low until meat is done. Add meat and let simmer for 30 minutes on low.

Toss with your favorite pasta and serve!

You can also toss, place in a oven-safe dish, top with cheese and bake for a baked pasta. YUM!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...