Chili Chili!

I have been craving chili for quite some time now. I mean it isn't even cold here yet (been in the 80-90s all week) but something was screaming fall to me. So I decided to throw a simple batch of chili into the crock pot and enjoy one of my favorite fall/winter meals.

At the last minute I decided that the chili needed a little something more so I looked in the pantry for something to spice it up a bit. And my hands fell upon a Trader Joes cornbread mix. YUM! I love this mix :)

And the combination turned out to be a wonderful, simple dinner with leftovers for lunch the next day.



Chili Cornbread Cups
  • 2 small zucchini, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1 can diced tomatoes w/ chili
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 packet chili seasoning
  • 1 package Trader Joes cornbread mix

Brown turkey and season with salt and pepper. Throw all the veggies, beans, seasoning & turkey into a crock pot and set on low for 8-10 hours.

Preheat oven to temperature stated on package. Make cornbread mix. Spoon chili into oven safe single portion dishes (I used 4 large ramekins). Leave about 1 inch headroom. Than top chili with cornbread mix. Bake for amount of time stated on package (I baked mine for 30 minutes) or until golden brown.

Take out of the oven and allow to cool a bit. Eat right out of the dish or turn over and dump it all out :) YUM!

1 comment:

Emily said...

One of my favorite things about Fall is chili! I can't wait to make some, but it is still so darn hot here in California. I think it'll be closer to November before I can make chili---but there's nothing like football and chili in my book.
~Emily (www.joyofcooking.wordpress.com)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...