It was delicious! And it was so simple to make. I whipped it up as the kabobs were grilling and it was all ready to go by the time the kabobs came off the grill. The meal melded perfectly together.
I wasn't as creative with the rest of the tomatoes... they are all now pureed and cooked into marinara sauce for later.
Spinach and Tomatoes
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes frozen spinach (I used fresh)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 pinch basil (optional) or oregano (optional)
- parmesan cheese
- balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
Combine spinach, tomatoes, onion and herbs in a small saucepan.
Heat to boiling then simmer 7-10 minutes or until onions are cooked.
Serve, passing parmesan and vinegar at the table for each person to add as they prefer (I just tossed the parmesan in and sprinkled with vinegar after plating it).