Green Monster Smoothie {5 WW+ Breakfast}

After the killer smores brownies we indulged in last night I needed a breakfast that was easy to make and full of veggie goodness. My friend CB over at See Cupcake Run had just posted about an awesome smoothie she made with two handfuls of spinach so I knew I could get my leafy greens in. Then when I saw the recipe and it called for peanut butter and bananas I knew I had to try it.

For 5 points, this smoothie is so much more than a cup of spinach. Honestly, I couldn't even taste the spinach. All I tasted was banana and peanut butter. And next time I might shake it up by trying sunflower butter instead of peanut butter. Or maybe lowfat chocolate milk. Although that might have to be saved for dessert due to all of the sugar in chocolate milk. We'll see!

Inspired by See Cupcake Run


Green Monster Smoothie
  • 1 cup 1% milk
  • 1/2 ripe, frozen banana, peeled
  • 2 handfuls organic spinach
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax
  • 1 tablespoon better n' peanut butter
  • 1-3 ice cubes
Add 1 cup of milk to the blender.

Now add in the chia or flax (if using) and nut butter.

Next, add in the spinach followed by the banana on top.

Blend until smooth.

Add in your ice cubes and blend some more.

Serves 1 | 5 WW+ Points

3 comments:

Danielle S said...

This sounds great! I love spinach.

DerrickMeister said...

That looks a bit different...lol

Retail Therapy Lounge said...

OH - I am game ! Yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...