Corn Dog Muffin Bites {Guiltless 1 WW+ Appetizer}

When I chose what to make for the big game last weekend I knew one thing had to be on the list... these Pinterest inspired corn dog bites that I found over at Iowa Girl Eats. I don't know who pinned them first but it was love at first site! And it was a treat I was sure the kids would enjoy. Sure my son would peel off all of the corn bread and give it to his sister but both of them would enjoy these awesome, simple treats.

And I was right! These babies were a hit. And most of them were gone by the end of the first quarter. Luckily I made these in two batches so while one was being devoured the other was baking. Not that eating these cold would be bad. I wouldn't know anything about that though... That lone little doggy laying on the plate calling out my name after the game... YUM!

Inspired by Iowa Girl Eats


Corn Dog Muffin Bites
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup 1% low-fat buttermilk
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 8 97% Fat Free Hebrew National hot dogs, cut into 1″ bites (6 pieces per dog)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine butter, applesauce and sugar in a bowl, and whisk to combine. Add eggs and whisk to incorporate. Add buttermilk and whisk to incorporate.

In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour, and salt, and stir to combine. Whisk into wet ingredients in two batches.

Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray, and spoon 1 Tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cup. Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each cup.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cornbread is golden brown. Cool in mini muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and re-heat for 20-30 seconds before serving.

Makes 48 | 1 WW+ each

NI per muffin:
46 cals | 7g carbs | 1g fat | 2g protein | 0g fiber | 118g sodium

3 comments:

Ashley S said...

What a great finger food recipe! I might have to remember this for my next party. Thanks for sharing :)

Retail Therapy Lounge said...

Those look like something the kids might like, thanks!

Danielle S said...

This does sound like something kids would love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...