Meatloaf Muffins {6 WW+ Dinner}

I love cute food. And these meatloaf muffins are pretty darn cute. I mean, they're small, they're colorful and they taste amazing. I've noticed that when I make our meals in smaller portions my kids seem to enjoy them a lot more and eat more than they normally would. So anything that I can convert from a normal, larger size to muffin tin size is awesome.

A few years back I made some meatloaf muffins and blogged about them but they weren't anything special. And since I love meatloaf I wanted to play with one of my favorite recipes a bit and tweak it to make me happy. Well this recipe has done it! Not only do my kids love these meatloaf muffins, I love them too! And the smaller size isn't just great for the kids, it means portion control for me


Meatloaf Muffins
  • 1 20 ounce package 93/7 lean ground turkey
  • 3/4 cup Trader Joe's fire roasted onions & peppers
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup light shredded cheese
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 and take out muffin pan. Saute onions, peppers, & garlic until tender. Add Italian seasoning & stir. Set aside to cool.

Place ground turkey, Worcestershire sauce, egg, panko & cheese in a large bowl and mix until combined. Add in the cooled veggies and mix in. Form 12 small balls of mixture and place each ball in muffin well (balls will be roughly 1-1 1/2" in diameter).

Bake meatloaf muffins for 18-20 minutes. While muffins are cooking mix together ketchup, mustard & sugar. Once the 18-20 minutes are up take the muffins out of the oven and top with ketchup mixture. Put the muffins back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Let rest 3-5 minutes before serving with your favorite sides and veggies.

Serves 6 | 3 WW+ Points per muffin

Nutritional Info: 115 calories, 7g carbs, 5g fat, 12g protein, 1g fiber, 171g sodium

2 comments:

Actingbalanced said...

Love the idea of meatloaf muffins!

My daughter makes individual meatloaf loaves molded around cheese strings sometimes but these are definitely something I can see my family eating!

Ashley S said...

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...