I have been a bad wife...

... Or a good one depending on your definition. I have not cooked dinner for the past three nights! But we had great meals each night.

On Thursday I found out that my gym had a new class called BodyJam. Its a dance/cardio class that was in the perfect time slot. I called Joseph and let him know I wasn't coming home for dinner so he had to fend for himself.

I had been craving Rubio's and I thought it'd be a perfect meal before the gym. As I get out of my car to walk into Rubio's I see a Quiznos right next door. I never go into Quizno's but their advertising worked. They have these new Sammies that are under 200 calories and the Balsamic Chicken one looked too delicious to pass up. The warm flatbread, the seasoned chicken, the balsamic dressing and crisp lettuce. Let me just say that these little babies were worth their 4 points!

Friday night I just wasn't ready to cook. I didn't have any meat defrosted and HATE defrosting meat in the microwave. So I thought about any gift cards we might have laying around. And it hit me... Souplantation! My grandma gave us a gift card for Christmas and I'd been dying to use it. As soon as I got home I looked up the nutritional information on Souplantation's webpage to plan out my meal.

I, first, calculated how many points I had already eaten during the day and was happily surprised when I realized I still had 16 points left. Yipee! And even more good news... my Wonton Chicken Happiness was only 4 points per cup. So here was my meal:

1 c Wonton Chicken Happiness (4 pts)
1 c Red Leaf Lettuce (0 pts)
5 cucumber slices (0 pts)
1/2 c broccoli (0 pts)
1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese (.5 pts)
1 tbsp sunflower seeds (1 pt)
1 tbsp kidney beans (0 pts)
1 c Low-Fat Chicken Noodle Soup (3 pts)
2 servings Quattro Formaggio Focaccia (6 pts)
2 tbsp Ranch Dressing (4 pts) AND SO WORTH IT!

Whole meal: 18.5 points! I only had to use 2.5 of my weekly 35. And if I could have just said no to the ranch I would have been under. It was all so worth it and definitely hit the spot. This won't be a regular going-out meal but now that I know their food isn't too bad I might try it every once in a while.

So now on to Saturday. Probably my best meal out of the three nights (if anything could top my Souplantation meal!). We went to Disneyland after a family baptism to just hang out and ride a few rides but were in for a treat. I have always wanted to try the Cafe Orleans and we've never got around to going. Their menu is very small and everything sounds delicious but I went with something I hardly ever choose... a vegetarian meal. I had their ratatouille and it was delicious!

The presentation was fabulous. The veggies were served on top of some marinara sauce and they placed two corn cake wedges on top. They diced all of the veggies except for the onions which they left halved. The spices and seasonings made this meal. I took half home with me and the whole way home it's all we smelled. Joseph's Monte Cristo was delicious as well. Fluffy and gooey all at the same time. We ended the night with a Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Soufle Crepe. Yup... that's right. A soufle inside of a crepe. I am sure the dessert alone was 20 points but it was so worth it. That's why I took two classes at the gym in the morning :)

I know there are no pictures in this post and apologize for the lack of but couldn't not blog about my yummy meals away from home. Now it's time to get back in the kitchen and stop slacking off!

2 comments:

Alanna said...

OMG...I LOVE sammies!!! Just ask Mike...he'll tell you I constantly talk about how yummy they are. :) They are my size sandwich!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Isn't it sad that a place like Souplantation that seems so light, with it's salads and soups really isn't all that healthy? Boo. I always feel good for going to places like that, as an alternatie to someplace else. I think I just need to watch what I eat wherever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...