Stuffing Craze!

When making my menu this week I went back and checked my GR to see any starred items I might have missed. I am glad I did. I was looking for a simple, low ingredient meal and this fit. What's easier than spinach, feta, and garlic? Umm... I don't know. And what makes a better combination? I hope you enjoy this great chicken recipe as much as I do.

Source: sweet-savory-southern



Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 1/2 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 large clove garlic
  • 1 egg
  • pinch of salt and pepper
Begin by preheating the oven to 375. Then, make a pocket in the side of each chicken breast using a small paring knife. Don't cut all the way through though.

In a food processor, combine baby spinach, feta, garlic, egg, salt and pepper. Carefully spoon the spinach mixture into the pocket you cut into each chicken breast. Salt and pepper the tops of the chicken breasts.

From here, you can sear the chicken breasts in a skillet and then transfer to the oven to finish baking for about 20-25 min or just pop the chicken right into the oven to bake.

The "stuffing" ended up being way too much for our two chicken breasts so it turned out being 6 servings. You know what that means! Less points! Two heaping spoonfuls equals only one point! Add whatever size chicken breast you have the points for and you have a very low point dinner :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ymmuy! I love spinach and feta and I am all about low points right now ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...