Source: Weight Watchers
Pan-Seared Salmon with Basil-Dijon Cream Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon shallot or red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk (I used 1%)
- 1 tablespoon Weight Watchers whipped cream cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped into thin ribbons
- 4 ounces boneless salmon fillet
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
Heat oil in a small saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot, stirring constantly, until shallot starts to soften and edges become slightly brown, 2-3 minutes. Immediately add white wine and whisk in mustard until fully incorporated.
Whisk in milk until fully incorporated, then whisk in whipped cream cheese until fully incorporated. When cream cheese melts, stir in basil and remove from heat promptly. Using a rubber spatula, transfer sauce into a small bowl and set aside
Season all sides of salmon with salt and pepper. Heat same saute pan over medium-high heat. Lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray. Place salmon (top-side down) onto center of pan and cook until slightly brown (2-3 minutes). Reduce heat to medium-low.
Using a large spatula, flip salmon over, cover pan, and continue cooking until internal temperature reaches about 140 degrees, 4-5 minutes. Uncover and remove from heat. Transfer salmon to a plate and drizzle sauce over fish.
1 WW point per serving
* I always either bake or BBQ my salmon. This is the first time I've "pan-seared" it and I was so impressed with a. how fast it cooked and b. how good it looked/tasted!