Cheesy & Meaty

Joseph and I went to Albertson's on Tuesday night in search of two things... marshmallows & Rice Krispies cereal. Joseph was craving Rice Krispy Treats and had to have them that night. So being the good wife that I am, I tagged along with him on his quest for crispy, gooey goodness. (side note: we ended up using the chocolate & regular cereal mix... it was pretty good)

When we were walking to the register from the back of the store we passed the meat department. The lady behind the counter caught our attention and pointed us towards some ground beef that was on sale and just had a reduction in price. We, being the bargain hunters we are, couldn't resist and picked up two packages (2lbs of meat for $4!).

We put one in the freezer and the other in the fridge. Tonight I knew I had to make something with the one in the fridge since last night I went to Buca di Beppo with some friends and didn't make dinner for Joseph. I looked through my starred recipies in google reader and came across one that I had all of the ingredients for. Gosh I am glad I starred this one! Not only is it super tasty but it was done in 20 minutes!

Source: And a Cookie for Dessert

Please forgive me for the photo... i was super hungry and all I had on me was my camera phone :)



Mini Cheeseburger Meatloaves

  • 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 1 pound extra lean ground beef
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder (I added)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder with parsley (I added)
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (I added)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons mustard and ketchup. In a medium bowl, combine beef, egg, breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup cheddar, seasonings, salt, and pepper. Form into four 2-by-4-inch loaves; place on baking sheet. Brush with mustard mixture; top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar.

Transfer meatloaves to upper rack of oven. Bake until loaves are cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets after 10 minutes. Remove loaves from oven.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This is way better than any cheeseburger in my opinion! Yum!

Brooke said...

Glad you liked them! I love the sauce, even though it's just ketchup and mustard!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...