Showers!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of hosting a bridal shower for my good friend Amanda. It was an afternoon filled with fun and laughter (what shower isn't?). I had a great time coming up with the menu and in the end kept it short and simple.

I made a few dishes and bought some store bought items to help out. Sometimes you can't do everything (especially at 9 months pregnant!).

We had three dips for the veggie tray:
Hummus (Trader Joes brand since I couldn't find tahini paste anywhere!)
Roasted Garlic & White Bean Dip
Tzatziki Dip

I got a few bags of the Mediterranean Supreme salad kit from the grocery store (sooo good! I highly recommend this salad).

I made three different kinds of sandwiches (I bought all the bread):
Tuna with Lemon Habanero Mayo and Watercress (the person helping me forgot the watercress in the fridge) on Ciabatta Bread
Ham and Turkey with Avocado Spread on French Rolls
Cucumber & Cream Cheese on Sourdough

And for dessert I made Lemon Cream Scones and had a local bakery drop off some cupcakes and an 8" round. One of the cupcake flavors (Midori Melon Mojito) was actually a recipe I stumbled upon on the I Heart Cuppycakes blog. I forwarded the recipe to the baker and she agreed to try it out. They were so good! I can't wait to make them myself.

I served hot tea, iced tea and water to drink because I didn't have the time at the end to make any punches (alcoholic or not) and not many complained :) Here are a few pictures:


From left to right: Hummus, Roasted Garlic Bean Dip & Tzatziki Dip


Tuna with Lemon Habanero Mayo


Lemon Cream Scones


Vanilla Cake with Raspberry Filling from Bella & Ava Bakery


Lemon Cupcake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting from Bella & Ava Bakery


Midori Melon Mojito Cupcakes from Ella & Ava Bakery


The whole display :) It was soo cute!

And last but not least...


The Bride-to-be with her mommy :)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

This looks beautiful - great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...