Yeasty Buns

I don't know why but today I had an inkling to bake something but I didn't want to bake cookies (although my husband would have really appreciated that). I started to think about dinner and panic struck. I had no idea what I was going to make. So I looked in the fridge to see if I'd thawed out any meat. I did! I had a pound of ground beef that I took out last night. Perfect! Burger night.

Oh, not perfect. No buns. And I have a weird husband who doesn't like to eat a burger without a bun. I know, I know... he's just not normal :) So what did I do? I made hamburger buns! I have been wanting to try out this recipe for quite some time. It's been printed out and in my recipe book for months! And I don't know why I didn't try it sooner. It was sooo easy. I used my kitchen aid mixer to help with some of the kneading so I didn't even have to do any hard work.

Source: Adapted from Allrecipes.com



Hamburger Buns
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 packet dry yeast
  • 4 1/2 cups flour (separate 1 3/4 cups out)
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
Heat milk, water & butter in a pan until very warm (120 degrees). Mix 1 3/4 cup flour, sugar, salt & yeast in a bowl. Add flour mixture to KA mixer (I used my kneading hook attachment for the whole thing). Add milk mixture to mixer and mix. Add egg to bowl and mix. Slowly add the additional flour 1/2 cup at a time until completely incorporated.

Once everything is mixed well and dough has pulled together knead in mixer for about 8 minutes. Remove dough from bowl and divide into 12 equal pieces. Roll into balls and flatten a bit. Place on a greased baking tray. Cover & let rise for 30-35 minutes.

Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool and enjoy!

I served some teriyaki burgers on my buns and boy were they good!

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Oooh - I need to make mini hamburger buns for sliders... and this recipe looks great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...