Mushroom & Spinach Lasagna {7 WW+ Points Dinner}

So I apologize in advance for a. not blogging and b. not snagging a picture of this wonderful meal. I find it so sad when winter comes (or has been here a while) because I have absolutely no good light in my kitchen once the sun heads down. The lights we have are just too harsh and I just don't like the way my pictures turn out so I don't want to post them. But then I'm in a dilemma. Do I not post a picture or do I wait till the next day and post a picture of leftovers? Sometimes I do the later... and I don't tell. Oh well. Do what you gotta do.

But seriously. Take my word for it and make this lasagna. Pretty darn good and I'm proud of it. I've made a few lasagnas in the past. As well as lasagna rolls and even though this lasagna was lacking in the "tons of cheese" factor it made up for it in flavor. I was full from my one slice, large salad & piece of garlic bread. And if I had enough points left I would have went for another one (see how I chose the garlic bread?). I'll definitely be making this one again!

Next lasagna recipe I want to try: Gina's Spinach Lasagna Rolls

Picture to come soon!

Mushroom & Spinach Lasagna

  • 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 cup portobello mushrooms, diced
  • 2 cups spinach, cut
  • 1 pound extra lean ground beef, 15% fat   
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano  
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley 
  • 10 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese 
  • 1 egg  
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg          
  • 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper  
  • 1 cup zucchini, shredded
  • 1 jar of Trader Joe's Tomato & Basil Marinara (if using another sauce re-calculate points)
  • 1 tablespoon fresh basil, ribboned (or use 1 teaspoon dry)
  • 1 cup tomato, diced (two small tomatoes)
  • 9 no-boil lasagna noodles   
  • 10oz Trader Joe's Lite Shredded Mozzarella Cheese  
  • 2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded and divided in 1/2

Saute mushrooms, garlic & spinach in 2 teaspoons of canola oil and set aside to cool. Brown meat and add oregano & parsley along with some salt and pepper if needed. While meat is browning mix together ricotta, 1 cup parmesan, egg, nutmeg & pepper and set aside. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a sauce pan and add shredded zucchini. Saute until soft. Add marinara sauce to the pan along with tomatoes, basil and drained meat.

In a 9x13 pan put 1/4-1/2 cup of sauce on the bottom of the pan. Layer 3 noodles on the bottom side by side and cover with sauce. Add cheese mixture to the top of the sauce. Put three more noodles on the cheese mixture and repeat twice until you cover the last of your noodles with the remainder of the sauce. Cover sauce with remaining parmesan and the mozzarella.

Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbly. Let sit for 10 minutes so that the noodles absorb the sauce.

Serves 12 | 7 WW+ points per serving

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...