Spinach & Mushroom Egg Scramble {5 WW+ Points Breakfast}

When I have the time to make breakfast in the morning (remember those two kiddos under the age of 2?) this is my go-to meal. Its something I can make and know I can forget about being hungry until lunchtime. It satisfies my craving for something hearty without adding fatty foods like bacon and full-fat cheese.

I love that adding mushrooms adds that hearty feel and the cheese still makes me feel like I get that goey, delicious part of a good egg scramble. Plus this recipe is so versatile! Sometimes I saute some onions and peppers as well to add to it. This just increases my daily intake of veggies which is really what my goal is most days (in other words, how do I hide all of these veggies so I don't know I'm eating them!).

I also add a piece of toast and 1/2 a tablespoon of butter for a bit of indulgence. Haha... bread and butter an indulgence. Never thought I'd say that :) But this way I don't think I'm gypping myself. I still get to eat what I normally would eat only I added a bit more "healthy" to it.



Spinach & Mushroom Egg Scramble
  • 1 egg
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb
  • 2 tablespoons 1% milk
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1 cup mushrooms
  • 1 ounce Trader Joe's Lite Shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • cooking spray

Spray pan with cooking spray and saute diced mushrooms & spinach until cooked down/wilted. Whisk together the egg, egg whites, seasoning & milk while mushrooms and spinach cook. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and scramble until done to your liking. You can add an extra spray of cooking spray to the pan before adding the eggs if you aren't using a non-stick pan.

Servings 1 | 5 WW+ points

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...