Pizza Balls {7 WW+ Dinner}

I really love pizza. And no matter what I do I can't stop thinking about it when I'm watching what I eat. So instead of being tempted to order a pizza from my favorite pizza place I try and make it at home more often than not.  So I needed to change things around. Step it up a bit. And I was taken back to a meal that my mom made for us growing up. I had some pizza dough from Trader Joe's in the fridge so I figured I'd try to wing it and hope for the best.

Well my attempt not only turned out good... it turned out better than I remembered! I was so excited to share this meal with Joseph and E and was super happy to find out that their reaction was very pleased. E even asked me to make them again the next day. And he was going to help :) This is now on our monthly rotation as either dinner or lunch and E always helps add the toppings and roll up the pizza dough into balls.

Inspiration: Family meal from my childhood (my mom)


Pizza Balls
  • 1 ball of pizza dough (I used Trader Joe's whole wheat)
  • 1 serving Hormel Pepperoni (14 slices/28g)
  • 1/2 cup Trader Joe's Three Cheese Blend
  • 1/2 cup diced crimini mushrooms
  • 1 1/2 cups spinach, chopped
  • 1 cup marinara sauce, for dipping
Place pizza stone in oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Divide dough into 6 equal pieces and roll out each piece into a 4-5" circle. Place an equal amount of each topping in the middle of the dough circle and bring the edges of the circle up over the toppings. Pinch edges together to form a ball. Repeat with the other circles.

Take pizza stone out of the oven and place pizza balls on stone. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until the pizza balls are golden brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving with marinara dipping sauce.

Serves 6 | 7 WW+ Points

1 comment:

Tammy said...

How funny...I just started making these again too a couple months ago and everyone loves them!! I can't get away making only six tho' my dough recipe makes more like 36 :-) I think Bree and the boys made these recently too.

Such a kid friendly, pizza lovers, easy to make meal when served with a salad (I suggest eating the salad first or you may find yourself too stuffed from the pizza balls to eat your vegies).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...