Brownies ala Weight Watchers

I found a recipe on a fellow Nestie's blog (tbrp2005) and had to try it. But... I thought I could make it just one point lighter... BAD idea! These were not good at all. They tasted like... I don't know. Dense chocolate bread. I have eaten two tonight with a glass of milk so I guess they weren't horrible... I just want a good healthy brownie. Yeah, I know... not gonna happen. I will try these again by following the Cooking Light recipe exactly. They looked pretty :)



Original Recipe (Source): One Tiny Pink Kitchen

Light Chocolate Chip Brownies
  • 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Light
  • 1 1/3 cup SPLENDA for Baking
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips (reserved for topping)
  • 1/4 cup water, hot
  • 2 Tbsp coffee, instant or regular, powder (I ground it in the food processor)
  • 1/2 cup Egg Beaters
  • 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Coat bottom of a 8x8 pan with spray.

Combine coffee granules with hot water, stir until the granules are dissolved. Using a food processor to make the granules into powder makes the coffee dissolve faster.

Combine butter and chocolate chips. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds until butter melts; stir until chocolate is smooth.

Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.

Combine coffee mixture, (Not)butter/chocolate chip mixture, vanilla and eggbeaters in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.

Add wet mixture to dry ingredients. Stir until well combined. **the batter was really really thick**

Spread evenly into pan and sprinkle evenly with 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips chips. Bake for 22 minutes. Cool and cut.

1 brownie = 2 WW points (batch makes 16 servings)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...