Sweet and Savory Steak

I received a Word document from a kind poster at the Weight Watchers message boards that contained many different slow cooker recipes with Weight Watcher points calculated. I have been dying to try this recipe for a while because Teriyaki Steak is one of Joseph's favorite meals. I think I chose a perfect day. It was rainy all day and having the slow cooker cooking the steak made the house warm and smelling delicious. The end result was great. I don't think I'd use as much corn starch next time (probably 1 tbsp less) but was impressed none-the-less.

Source: Weight Watchers posters (if you want the Word doc just leave a message with your email address)



Teriyaki Steak

1.5 pounds flank steak
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup pineapple chunks in juice - drained, 1/4 cup juice reserved
1 Tsp. ginger root - grated (I used ground ginger)
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. oil (I used olive oil)
2 cloves garlic - crushed
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 Tbsp. water

Cut meat into 1/8 inch slices and place in a slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, reserved pineapple juice, ginger root (or powder), sugar, oil and garlic. Pour sauce mixture over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours (I cooked the meat for 6 hours). Turn control to high. Stir in pineapple. Combine corn starch and water in a small bowl and add to cooker. Cook, stiring until slightly thickened. Serve over rice.

6 WW points if 6 servings
8 WW points if 4 servings

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Can you email the WW document to me?? I would love some crock pot recipes to choose from.

email is khamilton614 at yahoo dot com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...