Source: Weight Watchers
- 12 oz uncooked whole-wheat egg noodles
- 1 sprays cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp fat-free margarine, divided (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light)
- 3 Tbsp vinegar, tarragon-flavored (balsamic vinegar... how do you make tarragon-flavored?)
- 1 pound mushroom(s), sliced (about 6 cups) (baby bellas)
- 1 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free skim milk (1% milk)
- 4 tsp arrowroot powder (1 1/2 tsp cornstarch to 1 tsp arrowroot powder)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream (light sour cream)
- 3 cup cooked chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 Tbsp SoyaKaas Grated Parmesan Style Soy Cheese, or similar product (real parmesan cheese)
Cook noodles according to package directions with added salt; drain and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9 X 13-inch pan with cooking spray. (I used an 8x8)
Heat 1 tablespoon of margarine and vinegar together in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook until soft, stirring, about 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
Whisk broth, milk and arrowroot together in a medium-size saucepan until smooth. Stir in remaining tablespoon of margarine; set over medium heat. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until thickened and boiling, about 8 minutes. Stir in thyme, tarragon, salt and pepper. Remove sauce from heat; stir in sour cream.
Combine cooked noodles, chicken, mushrooms, peas and carrots, and sauce together in a large bowl. Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with grated topping. Bake until bubbling and hot, and top is starting to brown, about 20 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve. (mine served 4)
Original Recipe = 6 WW points, 8 servings
My Recipe = 7 WW points, 4 servings (halving all ingredients)