Tilapia Success!!

I have to start out by saying that I <3 Foodie Fashionista , and am going to try to re-create 5 of her meals this week. The first being a great tilapia recipe. I have been drooling over this recipe for quite some time. I wanted to try it a few weeks ago but when I went to the grocery store they were all out of tilapia. Can you believe it??

So when I started reading up on my Google Reader I saw a few new things on Dori's blog and decided to look up her fish recipes to stumble upon this finger-licking good meal. I've changed only a few things and have noted my changes after Dori's original ingredients.

I actually used frozen tilapia fillets because that's what the store had... yeah, I know, fresh is better. But you know what?? The fish cooked up at the same time as the recipe stated for fresh fish. I've been trying to find recipes that were quick and easy and this was one of them. Everything was ready in under 30 minutes. Maybe Rachel Ray should feature it...

Source: Foodie Fashionista

Tilapia Oreganato
  • non-stick cooking spray (I used Crisco Olive Oil cooking spray)
  • 4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets (I started out with frozen fillets)
  • salt and pepper to season
  • 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice, divided (I used bottled lemon juice)
  • imitation butter spray (I used 1/2 tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter light)
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumb s
  • 2 Tbsp plain breadcrumbs
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.



Cover a baking sheet with tin foil and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Place tilapia fillets on foil covered sheet and seaso n with salt and pepper. Reserve 1 Tbsp of lemon juice and drizzle the other tablespoon over the fillets. Give each fillet one spray of butter and set aside.


In a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs, remaining lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, and 5 sprays of butter. Mix until well blended.



Spoon a quarter of the mixture onto each fillet, covering the top surface completely and evenly. Give each a light spray of cooking spray. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until fish flakes with a fork and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.

5 WW points per tilapia fillet


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...