Chocolate Chip Banana Bread {6 WW+ Dessert}

I was craving sweets yesterday. I needed to bake and it needed to be on-plan. So I went in search of ingredients in the house and found 3 very ripe bananas. And instead of eating them I looked for a recipe that would use them up.

I came across this recipe on the Weight Watcher's website and read the reviews. Most people thoroughly enjoyed this bread so I knew I had to try it. I've tried other banana breads before that were "lighter" but always had problems with the moistness of the bread (I hate that word...). So I added some applesauce to the batter to combat the lack of butter or mass quantities of oil. And I succeeded in keeping this bread tasty! With just a hint of cinnamon and a sprinkle of chocolate chips this was the perfect dessert to enjoy with a cup of coffee.

Inspiration: Weight Watchers



Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
  • 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon table salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 tsp canola oil
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 2 large egg white, beaten
  • 3 large bananas, ripe
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Add oil, applesauce and eggs; mix thoroughly.

In a smaller bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or fork. Add bananas and oatmeal to batter. Fold in chocolate chips

Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and bake until top of loaf is firm to touch, 45 to 55 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Flip out and cool on a wire rack for another 10 minutes.

Serves 10 | 6 WW+ Points

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...