Meat Mania

I am a meatloaf lover. You can take just about anything left over in the fridge and throw it in meat loaf. This recipe is one of my favorites. Red potatoes, carrots, and 100% lean beef! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. And left overs are even more tasty! I served it with creamy mashed potatoes. No need for a veggie... they were in the loaf.

I didn't really measure anything so these aren't accurate.

Source: My head :)



Danielle's Meat Loaf

Loaf:
  • 1 pack ground beef
  • 1 carrot, shredded
  • 1 red potato, shredded
  • 3/4 c catchup (put 1/4 aside for glaze)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
  • 1 tbsp thyme
  • 1 tbsp parsley
  • salt and pepper to taste

Glaze:
  • 1/4 c catchup
  • 1/8 c brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all loaf ingredients together and place in loaf pan. Round the loaf into a mound and place in oven for about an hour. Meat will shrink a bit and pull away from the sides when done. Mix glaze ingredients together and put aside. After an hour, pull meatloaf out of the oven and drain fat from sides. Once drained, cover loaf with catchup mixture and put back in oven for 10 minutes. Once done, cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...