June/July Recipe Exchange: Summer Favorites

First of all... I apologize for being a day late. I fell asleep early last night and didn't get a lot done! Sorry!!!

Now onto the good stuff. This recipe was perfect for the three-day weekend. It was so simple and tasty. We had a crazy busy weekend but on Sunday I knew that dinner would be a breeze because I planned on making the shrimp and some pasta or rice. We got home from the beach at about 5:30 and were starving. By 6 we were eating dinner!

I served the shrimp with some angel hair pasta so that it would soak up any extra sauce. This was the perfect meal after a busy day.



Tequila Lime Shrimp (Adapted from All Recipes)
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
  • 4 tablespoons tequila
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 lime, cut into wedges
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic; cook and stir for about 30 seconds. Add shrimp; cook until they start to turn pink, about 3 minutes.

Pour in the tequila and lime juice and season with salt and chili powder. Simmer until the liquid has evaporated, about 3 more minutes.

Arrange shrimp on a plate and garnish with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges. I like to serve it with mexcian rice and black beans. I also make maragitas with the remaining tequila. :) (I served with angel hair pasta and had no margaritas :( )

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Oh this looks wonderful - perfect for the summer, especially with some margaritas! Thanks for posting

Kristina said...

I am so glad you liked it. I am also happy that I got the recipe you submitted. Those turkey burgers were amazing. My husband has been bugging me to make them again ever since. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...