Sweet and Savory

I love sweet potatoes. I was introduced to them late in life and think I am trying to make up for the years I didn't have any. I try to make them different ways, sweet, savory, sweet and savory. The simplicity of this side is perfect for weekday dinners.

I made Chicken in White Wine Sauce (sans the Asparagus so the chicken cooked in the sauce a bit) and when the chicken and potatoes were done I cooked the left over sauce a bit longer and than drizzled it over both the chicken and the potatoes. This meal was delicious. I served with a simple side salad as well (gotta get in the veggies!).

Source: My head


Roasted Sweet Potatoes

2 large sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon rosemary

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle with herbs and spices and toss some more. Pour onto a baking sheet and roast in oven for 20-25 minutes (usually however long it takes to cook the chicken).

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

My husband told me today how much he likes sweet potatoes... which lead me to prepare some for our July 4th dinner. So glad you posted your recipe for sweet potatoes since I plan on cooking more in the future!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...