I didn't make my own noodles this time but I did make my own very simple marinara sauce. And I got to use my new blender again! Don't you love free stuff??
This marinara was tasty and easy to make. I literally threw everything together in the blender, hit puree, and heated it. I than poured it over al dente noodles, sausage and olives (topped with Parmesan, of course!). Oh, and did you see my make-shift garlic bread... two words: hamburger buns :)
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup white wine (I omitted)
In a large skillet over medium heat saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine (I omitted).
Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top over pasta of your choice and enjoy!