Bones are good!

It's been quite a while since I've cooked a whole ham and had an extra ham bone handy. Well we finally had one so I knew I had to make some ham bone soup. Boy was the wait worth it! This was so good and filling. I couldn't believe how clean the ham bone came out too. Definitely a great winter meal.

Source: My mom



Ham Bone Soup

  • 1 pound navy beans (soaked overnight)
  • 1 ham bone
  • 1 can diced tomatoes (or two-three fresh diced tomatoes)
  • 3 carrots, cut into coins
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • salt and pepper to taste
I threw all of the ingredients in the crock pot let it go on low all night and all day today. I didn't add the salt and pepper until the end. I prepared some grilled cheese sandwiches on this great rosemary and olive oil bread to dip in the soup and some garlic toast for Joseph :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...