Along with some roasted vegetables I had left from another dish I made last week and some yummy flavored feta cheese I picked up on sale I threw together one of my more tasty last minute meals. This pasta dish is definitely perfect for the spring season. Simple, tasty and makes the ingredients stretch. Definitely budget friendly.
Roasted Tomato & Asparagus Pasta with Chicken and Feta
- 2 cups tomatoes, whole (small round varieties like grape and cherry are best)
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch sections
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or if you prefer roasted whole with vegetables)
- 8oz pasta, gemelli or fusilli
- 1 roasted chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta, tomato and basil flavor
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place foil on a rimmed cookie sheet and put vegetables on sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes. (Alternative method - roast asparagus for 8 minutes on sheet and tomatoes for 20 minutes in glass dish. I'm lazy and did it all on one sheet).
While vegetables are roasting, boil and cook pasta.
Place roasted vegetables in a large bowl and add garlic, tomato paste and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine. Add pasta, chicken and cheese and toss. Top with fresh parsley and serve.
4 servings | 10 WW+ Points