Crunchy Parmesan

I had a plan this week. I was going to get back on track and make dinner at least five nights out of the seven. Well... Monday I got a craving for pizza and skipped the gym for some CPK :( Not a good choice on my part. I ate a whole White Pizza. Yeah, a whole one. One serving (two slices) is 6 ww points. Urg. It was damn good but I definitely used up my weekly points.

So yesterday was out too because I had my first Bernette class. My grammy got me a Bernina Bernette 92c for my birthday this year (yeah, I was totally surprised too!) and they give you one free class to learn how to use it. I will definitely be going to more classes. Harriet at Sew Hut was amazingly friendly and warm. She was a really good teacher and I look forward to working with her in the future. I might just decide to branch off into a sewing blog too... Well I was there from 6-9 and had to get dinner before hand so I went to Pick Up Stix and had some Orange Chicken (pretty high up in points too!).

So now it's Wednesday and I'm looking at the menu I picked out for the week and just could not bring myself to make anything I listed. So I went searching for inspiration... My saved recipes in GR, of course! I found this recipe for a simple chicken dish and knew I had to try it. The flavors melded well together and it truly was a 30 minute meal.

I served the chicken with asparagus and a whole grains blend from Trader Joe's.

Source: Two Novice Chefs, One Tiny Pink Kitchen

Parmesan Dijon Chicken

  • 2 large chicken breasts, cut in half (4 pieces total)
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used panko breadcrumbs)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used a three cheese blend, Parmesan, Romano, Asiago)
  • 3 T melted butter
  • 2 T Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix melted butter and Dijon mustard in a large bowl or flat dish. Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a large Ziploc bag.

Dip the chicken into the butter/mustard mix making sure to thoroughly coat it. Then toss into the bag and coat with crumb mixture. Place chicken in single layer in a rectangular pan sprayed lightly with olive oil Pam.

Bake uncovered 30 minutes, making sure to flip the chicken over halfway through baking. Chicken is done when juice is no longer pink when you cut into the center of the thickest piece.

4 servings (1/2 breast per serving)

7 WW points per serving

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...