Next time I will probably serve the sauce on the side or will do half sauced and half no-sauce because Joseph definitely didn't like the spicy :) This would be great for parties too! I think I'll cut the strips in half and serve them at Joseph's birthday party as an appetizer.
Source: Amber's Delectable Delights
Buffalo-Style Chicken Strips with Ranch Dressing
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I used Tabasco)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free ranch dressing
- 4 celery stalks, cut into 1/4 x 3-inch sticks
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/4 x 3-inch sticks
Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Place egg whites in a shallow dish. Place cornflakes in a shallow dish. Working with 1 chicken strip at a time, dredge in flour mixture. Dip in egg whites; dredge in cornflakes. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken strips, flour mixture, egg whites, and cornflakes.
Lightly coat chicken strips with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until done, turning once.
Combine hot sauce, pepper sauce, and Worcestershire in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Drizzle hot sauce mixture over chicken. Serve with ranch dressing, celery, and carrots.
3 Servings, 6 WW points