Eh... Halibut

I am not sure if I just wasn't enthusiastic about this meal or if it really just wasn't good but both Joseph and I found it lacking in flavor and something else. It didn't quite fill us up (so we had a bit more rice and green beans) and I didn't want to take it to work for lunch the next day. If I don't take left overs for lunch than you know that I didn't like it at all! I am pretty good about giving food a second chance as a left over.

Maybe you'll have better luck with it or will find some way to spice it up... maybe add some lemon pepper?

Source: Recipe Goldmine



Crunchy Garlic Broiled Halibut
  • 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
  • 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons plain dried bread crumbs

Heat broiler. Line baking sheet with foil.

In mini food processor, combine parsley, oil, garlic, and 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons water; process until finely chopped. Transfer mixture to small bowl.

Place fish on prepared baking sheet; spread each fish steak with thin layer of parsley mixture; reserve remaining mixture.

Broil fish 4 inches from heat, 3 minutes. Remove fish from broiler; leave broiler on.

Add bread crumbs to remaining parsley mixture; stir to combine. Pat an equal amount of bread crumb mixture onto each fish steak; broil 3 minutes longer, until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.

Serves 4.

8 WW points

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Bummer it didn't turn out well. I loooove halibut, but I usually eat it with about a pound of WW unfriendly butter :/

Pilar said...

I've found that halibut can be insipid some times... but that time that we bought halibut I ended up "bathing" it in A1 sauce!!! (Is that gross??? LOL).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...