Best Breakfast Ever!

When people find out I am on Weight Watchers they sometimes wonder what types of foods I eat. I share my snacks, lunches, dinners and desserts but almost always forget about the most important meal of the day. I love breakfast. I love all sorts of breakfast foods and can eat breakfast any time of the day.

One of my favorite breakfast meals (and one that seems to keep me full all the way until lunch) is scrambled eggs, hash browns and sausage. Yup! All that and it's within my points limit for the day!



Here's how I do it:

1/4 cup eggbeaters
1/6 cup WW Mexican shredded cheese
1/4 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup refridgerated Ore Ida hashbrowns
1 Morningstar sausage pattie

Preheat large skillet and add two teaspoons of olive oil. Swish around to spread over the whole pan. Add hash browns and season with salt and pepper. Add sausage patty. Cook hash browns until golden brown on one side and flip over. Squish the hash browns in the pan and mold together. Flip the sausage pattie and press down a bit.

Add eggbeaters and broccoli into skillet and turn pan so that eggs don't touch the hash browns and sausage. Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs. Keep lifting the eggs from the side of the skillet to fully cook the eggs. Once the eggs are fully cooked check the hash browns and sausage pattie. Both should be done. Plate, serve an enjoy!

Points breakdown:
Eggbeaters - 1 point
Cheese - 1 point (HG!)
Broccoli - 0 points (HG!)
Olive Oil - 2.5 points (HG!)
Morningstar breakfast pattie - 2 points
Ore Ida hash browns - 1 point

So for a whopping 7.5 points I am full until lunch and have satisfied three healthy guidelines including the hardest for me (the oil). It's so worth the points and tastes sooo good! Sometimes I add ketchup to the hash browns for an extra .5 points. YUM!

1 comment:

kikimonster said...

I love those "fake" sausage patties. I think they taste very real. Although I've learned my lesson on not letting them cook too long.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...