Craving satisfied...

I have been having the worst craving for chili dogs ever. So I finally broke down and indulged. But I did make a few modifications. I used 97% fat-free Hebrew National hot dogs, Trader Joe's light cheese blend and 1-Point Chili. I didn't skimp out on the bun though... All in all it definitely curbed my craving and I am sooo full right now.

Next time I'll only have one but I had enough points today and really wanted two. The best part about the whole meal is that a Wienerschnitzel chili cheese dog is 8 points and this one was 6 points! So since I ate two I "saved" 4 points and was completely satisfied!

Source: Weight Watchers and me



One Point Chili
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
  • 2 summer squash, diced
  • 2 zucchini, diced
  • 1 can diced tomatoes with jalepenos
  • 4 stalks of celery
  • 2 cans of chicken broth (I used 1 can of vegetable and 1 can of beef)
  • 1 package of chili seasoning (I used one part paprika to two parts chili powder)
Spray large pot with non-stick spray and saute onions and garlic until onions are clear. Add turkey and brown. Add all other ingredients, stir and let simmer for 15-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

1 cup = 1 WW point

Breakdown of One Chili Dog in Points:
1 Hebrew National 97% fat-free hot dog - 1 point
1 Trader Joe's Honey Wheat Hot Dog Bun - 3 points
1/6 cup Trader Joe's Light Shredded Cheese Blend - 1 point
1/2 cup One Point Chili - 1 point

So really... If I wanted to lower the points even more I would just choose a lower point bun. Definitely worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...