Skinny Sloppy Joes {5 WW+ Dinner}

I think I've said it before but I love Gina's Skinny Recipes. She is such an inspiration for taking a normal, full fat recipe and making it work for the Weight Watchers lifestyle. Plus everything I've tried from her blog always tastes super good.

I did tweak the recipe a bit as I only had certain things on hand but I still think that this tasted fabulous. And you definitely couldn't tell there were so many veggies in here. My husband may have but he couldn't identify more than onions when I asked him to tell me what veggies he was eating. I served this with a nice green salad and low fat balsamic. But it'd also be perfect mixed with quinoa or brown rice!

Inspiration: Skinny Taste


Skinny Sloppy Joes
  • 1 pound 85/15 organic ground beef sirloin
  • 1 tablespoon Mrs Dash garlic & herb
  • 1 cup baby carrots, minced
  • 1/2 medium onion, minced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3/4 cup Trader Joe's fire roasted peppers & onions, minced
  • 4 oz sliced crimini mushrooms, minced
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 cups tomato sauce
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • Bun or bread of your choice (not included in WW+ calculation)

Dice all of the vegetables really fine (Gina suggests using a food processor or blender but I just minced them up and sauteed really well).

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the meat to the pan and break it up as it cooks. Season with seasoning and cook the meat until it browns, then add onion, garlic, carrots, mushrooms and red peppers to the skillet.

Reduce heat to medium and add red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, cook 5 more minutes. Add tomato sauce and paste to pan, stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook an additional 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed.

Using a measuring cup, pile 1/2 cup of sloppy meat onto toasted buns.

Serves 7 | 5 WW+ Points

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...