WC March/April Recipe Exchange - Regional Recipes

This recipe exchange was an interesting one. I have never made cheesecake and have never eaten (or made) pecan pie. I am currently on WW so I couldn't enjoy this as much as I wanted to but the little nibble I allowed myself was more than enough to tell me that it was a good combination of flavors.

I served the cheesecake to my girlfriends and they ate the whole thing :) I think I'll try this recipe again but next time I want to make my own pecan pie as a bit of a challenge. What do you think?

Source: Unknown from the South - all will be revealed soon :)



Pecan Pie Cheesecake

  • 1 (2-pound, 4-ounce) package frozen Southern Pecan Pie
  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 2 (8-ounce) packages Cream Cheese, softened
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2/3 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup Confectioners Sugar
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 19 pecan halves
Preheat oven to 325°. Thaw pecan pie according to package directions. Cut evenly into 20 thin slices, keeping wedges intact, and set aside.

Stir together graham cracker crumbs and next 3 ingredients; press mixture onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 10-inch spring-form pan.

Arrange 10 pecan pie wedges in a spoke design in prepared pan, placing 1 cut side of each wedge on crust with narrow end towards center of pan. Reserve remaining pecan pie wedges for another use.

Beat cream cheese until smooth; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add sour cream, half-and-half, and vanilla; beat until blended. Fold in confectioners sugar and flour.

Carefully pour cream cheese mixture evenly over pecan pie wedges in pan, making sure wedges remain in place. Arrange pecan halves evenly around edge and center.

Bake at 325° for 50 minutes. Turn off oven, and let cheesecake stand in oven 1 hour. Remove to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Chill at least 8 hours or overnight before serving.

Makes 16 servings

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...