Pasta Perfection... almost!

I found a good recipe on cooks.com for a three cheese pasta sauce. I used some parts of one recipe and some parts of another. I enjoyed it but the presentation was not the prettiest. Because of the cheeses I used the sauce wasn't as smooth as I wanted it. It was half melted cheese/half liquid. But the taste made up for it. Here's the recipe:

Three Cheese Pasta
  • 1/4 cup fontina, shredded (use frozen fontina for easier shredding)
  • 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup white wine (I used pinot grigio)
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • pasta (I used linguine)

After the pasta water starts boiling put in pasta. In a separate pot on medium heat pour in the milk. Add fontina and mozzarella. Stir continuously so the cheeses don't burn. Add a pinch of pepper and salt to taste.

Optional: a pinch of nutmeg (I didn't have any).

When cheese is fully melted add a 1/4 cup of white wine. Put pasta in a skillet and cover with cheese sauce. Top with half of the Parmesan and toss it all together. Top with other half of Parmesan.

Serves two. I served with Texas Toast and salad.

Source: cooks.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...