Cheddar and Mozzarella Mac & Broccoli
- 2 cups (8 oz.) dry elbow macaroni
- 2 cups chopped frozen or fresh broccoli
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella (the recipe uses Jack)
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (1.5 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs (I used Italian bread crumbs)
Cook macaroni in large saucepan according to package directions, adding broccoli to boiling pasta water for last 3 minutes of cooking time; drain.
Combine cooked pasta, broccoli, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, evaporated milk, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and black pepper in large bowl. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Combine remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; sprinkle over macaroni mixture. Cover tightly with foil.
Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 10 minutes until lightly browned.