Fine Filet

While shopping at the grocery store the other day I saw that there was fresh cut filet mignon out in the butcher's case so I grabbed two pieces (yum!) and as soon as I got home I headed over to the WC board on theNest.com to post asking for good suggestions. Boy did I get them! To see the link to the post click here. I decided to go with a suggestion from mrs.jsmtih.

Source: mrs.jsmtih

Filet Mignon
  • 2 cuts of filet mignon
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup merlot
  • 2 tbsp cream
  • salt and pepper to taste
Mashed Potatoes
  • 4 small red potatoes
  • 1 tbsp garlic
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • salt and pepper to taste

I butterflied the filets and salt and peppered them. I placed the stove on medium and put some butter in a pan to melt it a bit. Once the butter was melted I put the steaks in the pan and cooked each side for five minutes. I than placed the steaks in a dish and put them in the oven (350 degrees). I deglazed the pan with some merlot and water and added a little cream. After the sauce was ready I plated the mashed potatoes I made (red potatoes, garlic, cream, butter, salt & pepper) and put the steaks on top of the mashed potatoes. I drizzled the sauce over the steaks and served with a nice spinach salad. YUM again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...