Holy Guacamole!

Mmm... there's nothing better than a fresh avocado... wait, there is. Mix it with a few other ingredients and you have a tasty, healthy dip for chips and veggies.

With the very green basil sauce earlier in the week and this guac I guess I am going with a green theme :) A few weeks too late for St. Patrick's Day!

My girlfriend at work had picked some fresh avocados from her aunt's tree and brought a BOX of them into work for us to pick and choose. I went home with three (didn't want to be too greedy!) huge, very ripe avocados and knew I needed to make some fresh guac. I went to the local market to grab some fresh cilantro and jalepenos and as soon as I got home I went to work...

Source: My head



Guacamole
  • 3 large avocados
  • 2 cloves of garlic, grated
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
  • 1 jalepeno, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh salsa
  • Salt and Pepper
Cut avocado in half. Using your knife gently tap the seed and twist out. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh of the avocado into a medium mixing bowl. Add all ingredients except for salsa and start to mash avocado with a fork until it's the consistency you want (I prefer a smooth guac).



Add salsa and stir in until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste (I recommend taking small samples as you add the S&P to get the correct taste). Serve with chips and/or veggies and enjoy!



Suggestion: If you plan on serving the guacamole later, I would suggest keeping one of the seeds in the guacamole so that it doesn't turn brown. The lemon juice will also help.




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...