These pork chops were tasty and had a different after taste to it. Almost a cool, refreshing flavor. I think that it's because of the nutmeg and pineapple but I am not really good with identifying flavor combos/reactions/etc. Let me know what you think.
Source: My Head and Pantry
Pineapple Pork Chops
- 4 3oz pork chops (thin, 1/4")
- 1 can pineapples, reserve juice (or fresh if you have some)
- 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Mix brown sugar, spices, teriyaki sauce, and juice together. Spoon half of the mixture over pork chops. Add pineapples on top of the pork chops. Pour remaining mixture over pineapples and pork chops.
Bake covered for 20 minutes. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy over a bed of jasmine rice.
6 WW points per serving