Pineapple Madness

I was craving a little sweetness tonight so instead of a vegetable I decided to go with a fruit with dinner. I haven't had pork chops in a while so pineapple and pork chop sounded great. I just sort of looked in the cupboard and pulled out what looked good.

These pork chops were tasty and had a different after taste to it. Almost a cool, refreshing flavor. I think that it's because of the nutmeg and pineapple but I am not really good with identifying flavor combos/reactions/etc. Let me know what you think.

Source: My Head and Pantry



Pineapple Pork Chops
  • 4 3oz pork chops (thin, 1/4")
  • 1 can pineapples, reserve juice (or fresh if you have some)
  • 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
  • 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat baking dish with non-stick spray. Place pork chops in baking dish.

Mix brown sugar, spices, teriyaki sauce, and juice together. Spoon half of the mixture over pork chops. Add pineapples on top of the pork chops. Pour remaining mixture over pineapples and pork chops.

Bake covered for 20 minutes. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy over a bed of jasmine rice.

Serves 4
6 WW points per serving

1 comment:

Kayte said...

you make my day :)
http://kayteskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-first-award.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...