Source: Cooking Light 2008 via Artists in the Kitchen
Garlic & Herb Oven-Fried Trout
- 1/2 C panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (I used dried)
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (I used dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten (I used 1/4 cup Eggbeaters egg whites)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 trout fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450. Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish. Combine egg whites and egg in a shallow dish. Place flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Dredge fish in flour. Dip in egg mixture; dredge in panko mixture.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 fish fillets; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until browned. Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 450 for 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
9 WW Points per fillet