I forgot...

I was just going through my pictures and remembered a few recipes I didn't blog about! Silly me! I definitely want to give credit to those who contributed to my weekly meal planning successes! The first recipe I tried was Alanna's Garlic & Herb Oven-Fried Halibut (originally from Cooking Light 2008). I couldn't find any halibut at the store so I used trout fillets. It was pretty good. Next time I will definitely try the halibut.

Source: Cooking Light 2008 via Artists in the Kitchen




Garlic & Herb Oven-Fried Trout

  • 1/2 C panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
  • 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (I used dried)
  • 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (I used dried)
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 large egg white, lightly beaten (I used 1/4 cup Eggbeaters egg whites)
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 3 trout fillets
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • cooking spray

Preheat oven to 450. Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish. Combine egg whites and egg in a shallow dish. Place flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Dredge fish in flour. Dip in egg mixture; dredge in panko mixture.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 fish fillets; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until browned. Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 450 for 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.

Serves 3
9 WW Points per fillet

2 comments:

Alanna said...

I think it looks prettier on the pink fish! Halibut is SO good though. :) I hear that halibut season is almost here!

Jaime said...

i'm always looking for a good fish recipe, thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...