Pesto Perfecto!

I <3 pesto! It's so yummy and versatile. I was having some friends over for Womens Club and needed something simple and easy so I decided to go with salmon. I decided to go with the Pan Seared Salmon with Basil-Dijon Cream Sauce and added a pesto sauce to replace the cream sauce. It was soooo good! Too bad only two of us liked salmon :( But the other girls did enjoy the pesto!

Source: The Joy of Cooking (for the pesto)




Pan Seared Salmon with Pesto Sauce

  • Large Salmon Fillet
  • S & P
  • 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning blend
  • 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup pine nuts
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a food processor, pulse basil, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese together while adding olive oil slowly in the top until well blended and smooth. Set aside.



Season both sides of salmon fillets with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.



Heat saute pan over medium-high heat. Lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray. Place salmon (top-side down) onto center of pan and cook until slightly brown (2-3 minutes). Reduce heat to medium-low.



Using a large spatula, flip salmon over, cover pan, and continue cooking until internal temperature reaches about 140 degrees, 4-5 minutes. Uncover and remove from heat. Transfer salmon to a plate and drizzle pesto sauce over fish.



Pesto serves 10, 4 WW points per serving

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Ate my leftover pesto today - - it was d.e.l.i.s.h. thank you so much! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Thos salmon filets look amazing and that pesto is SO green! I love it!

Unknown said...

Isn't it! I think I'm not going back to store-bought pesto again... the vibrant colors and the wonderful smell will keep me making my own (plus the little perk about it being cheaper!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...